Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Baseball











What a fun week! Besides the heat....blah, blah, blah. I got to go to a Rangers (baseball) game with Mike on Tuesday. What a neat looking stadium ...I hear George Bush had a hand in it. I was impressed for a stadium that was built maybe ten years ago ooked so good. But, this is Texas! The seats that we had were good...11th row from home plate. It was quite entertaining with the team doing well, and all the busy people and sellers to watch. Then how cool is this!!! A very mature lady and got up to beat her tom, tom for the Rangers to hit a home run!! She has been doing this for years and years and has her own seat now. next to her sits a very dressed up man in chaps and all that gear. I was hot wearing a t-shirt with shorts...cannot imagine how he was feeling. What a great fan. Also with us was the HR lady from Ca. that works with him and his boss. We did the usual food thing water, hot dogs, nachos, pop, and yes....cotton candy folks! Yummoo. All in all it was fun for smeone who doesn't enjoy baseball since it is slow and boring ...I think it helped being so close to the action...maybe I will go again. The rangers beat Seattle that night. Good job for them. I aslo got to the the vision of one billion dollars!!!! Yes..the Dallas Cowboy Stadium in the making. So far it looks alienish. I still cannot believe that it costs that much................ I know it's texas.............. can you imagine what you would do with one billion dollars?? I cannot imagine.......................




1 comment:

The Braun Family said...

Great picture of you and Mike. How is it that you seem to have lost weight on vacation, no fair. Lookin' good as always!