Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ode to my car

Today I am in a sentimental mood. My Expedition is 10 years old---I have had it for 8 years. It has 162, 517 miles on it and counting. There have been many memories in it and many, many travels. To begin, the girls have had many changes in it from dance to friends houses to softball to basketball to church activities to volleyball to many camps and more friends houses to band camps and practices--loading and unloading. Girls...girls ...girls have been piled in the car and even slept in. In fact Mike and I have even slept(not well) in the expedition. It has been to many places Jersey, Ohio, Indiana, Florida, Tennessee, Illinois, Michigan, Canada, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Kentucky, and of course Texas. I am sure I have forgotten some places but you get the message. It has also traveled through many places as well---- It has been a great vehicle to have after driving a minivan for 7-8 yrs.. This car even trudged through our first daughter's driving which is a really good test. Next is number 2 daughter---hopefully she will do well with this piece of machine too. It is fun to overlook other cars when traffic is over booked or look down on ppl. too. LOL. I like to push the speed limit whenever I can---just to show we can haul butt. My girls laugh---what a fun SUV this is! Whenever we go on vacation we have our trusty SUV---we pack it like a mule and love every piece of it. What a great mule it is. Eat your hearts out!!! This year will be lots of packing---colorguard equipment again, snare drum, bags and bags of stuff and even some college trips. Maybe this cool SUV will drive our daughter to college!!! Yeah-baby!!!

No comments: