Thursday, June 18, 2009

And the Tree came Tumbling Down!


The final cut.

Above the night of the storm. below--the next day looks.






Last Wednesday we had terrible storm---tornado sirens all over were bursting with sound---- It was me and the cats. Girls were at camp and Mike was on the road home. I took quick check to see how trampoline was doing and heard the most piercing siren and decided to run to THE CLOSET! I grab Misty (furball) and put her in down bathroom...couldn't find LILY...got treats and still couldn't find her and then---- I saw green fly across my front of house and decided to run to safety. This was stinkin serious. My purse and important documents and Misty were with me---I hoped Lily was good where she was and listened to storm around and occasionally the TV cooperated. Then lights out!!! I got a little worried...it was quiet, I looked outside and saw my tree was down...down... The winds were still going 70 mph and I just hung out around the closet just in case. No tv though. I couldn't get my weather radio to keep on... I called Mike---no answer I knew he was smart. So here are the pics of our gone tree. I made it fine--just really weird. Glad the girls were gone and just the cats and me were there to worry.






2 comments:

Pam Mueller said...

I would have been terrified all alone. You handled it well!

The Braun Family said...

I'm so glad you're o.k.! Did your trampoline survive?