Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dirty Air Quality

So here I am in North Texas. Eons ago I lived in South jersey. There I got to smell all the factory and whatnot smells from S. Philly for years. Never bothered me too much. Except, I do remember a few times when the stacks really stunk--like skunk stink!!! I would make a lot of noise how smelly it was etc... Since then I have lived in Midwest for many, many years--- I haven't been exposed to much bad air quality that I can think of immediately. Two years under my belt (almost) in North Texas and let me tell ya---the quality of air is BAD!!! Not only do we have winds from the west of Texas blowing smoke from different dry fires but dirty winds from Mexico occasionally. Poor Mike-- he is suffering from dry eye and allergy eye because and due to the many poor conditions of the sir. The rest of us cough, wrinkle our nose, sneeze a lot since sooooooo many trees and what not are blooming and blowing around because you know what? I live in the windy state. yes--- not the windy city---the state. Who knew? So there you have it. In Dallas today the visibility is bad due to the west of tex. winds that are up in smoke from the drought over there--the pan handle area and somewhere near OK. I am just amazed with what we deal with. I know--be quiet. Because ya know--- it is 89 degrees today---deal with it.

1 comment:

Pam Mueller said...

I feel for you all with the dry, itchy eyes, coughs, itchy noses...it is no fun. I too miss the clean air of the midwest.